Here are 10 low self esteem signs that you'll want to recognize and either eliminate or change in your life so that you have a better chance of living a happy and content life.
Just by becoming aware of these low self esteem signs, you give yourself of eliminate them from your life. And that is a good thing.
Seriously, if you don't take the time to get to know yourself well enough to know what makes you comfortable or uncomfortable then you'll be half living.
You absolutely must know what makes you feel good and calm on the inside to know if you are living the life that you desire. Not what somewhat else desires for you to do but what you feel is right.
I've listed 10 things here that will help you get to know yourself better.
1. Watch out for little pet peeves.
Most times what you dislike in others is that in which you dislike about yourself. It took me a long time to accept this fact but once I got honest with myself I realized that for me it's true.
2. Unwillingness to accept constructive criticism.
If someone politely mentions something to you that you've done wrong and you get offended then you need to ask yourself if what that person said is true.
If it's true, fix it. If it's not, forget about it. It's okay to accept feedback from others as long as it's sincere.
It will help you discover your true self. Because your too close to your own thoughts and actions to even realize that there self destructive.
So good constructive criticism is essential for building high self esteem.
3. Not able to admit when you've made a mistake. Regardless of how minor the mistake is.
Making mistakes is a learning tool. Use it. Use it to do better the next time. To become better. Don't use it as a weapon against yourself.
Everyone makes mistakes.
4. Always blaming others for what's going wrong in your life.
People with high self esteem take responsibility for everything that's going right in their life, but also for everything that's going wrong.
If you want to feel better about your life instantly take FULL responsibility for everything in your life. Once you accept full responsibility for you life, you can begin to change the stuff that isn't working.
5. Constantly making excuses about everything instead of just simply telling the truth. People with low self esteem lie about the smallest things because they don't feel confident enough to just tell the truth.
If you constantly hear yourself say words like, maybe, if, oh I don't know, should of, could of, would of. Your making excuses, possibly without even realizing it.
6. Failure to stand up for yourself. Even on a small scale you feel the need to be told what to do. Even something as simple as declining a birthday party invite can make a person with low self esteem break into a sweat.
This only causes you to internally beat yourself up for not speaking up when you had the chance. So save yourself all the regret and just speak up at the moment you feel the impulse to do so.
7. Unable to accept a compliment. Sounds crazy I know, but people with low self esteem have a hard time accepting compliments.
They respond with statements like, "Oh, it was nothing" or "Anyone could have done it." They just can't find it in themselves to say "thank you" and leave it at that.
8. Feel incapable of making friends. Shying away from events that would put you right in the center of people you don't know.
You may feel like you have no idea what to say or how to talk to someone you don't know. But with practice, you could talk to anyone.
9. Always worried about what other people think. Period. And actually if people really knew how little someone else though of them they would be astonished.
Rarely does anyone think about you or something you did for more than a few minutes TOPS.
Not to hurt your feelings or anything. But people are so consumed with their own life's, that they have no room to think about you.
And the last low self esteem sign to look out for...
10. The feeling of unworthiness. Unworthy of happiness. Unworthy of a new job. Unworthy of a supportive partner. Unworthy of a raise. Unworthy of kids that listen. Unworthy of a voiced opinion.
People with low self esteem constantly feel like they don't deserve anything good to happen to them. But remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
So there you have it. My top ten list of what I consider to be the most recognizable and changeable low self esteem signs.
Try to avoid any or all of these on a daily basis throughout your self esteem building journey and you'll be well on your way to a brighter tomorrow.
Just eliminating this list from your life with boost your self esteem to a higher level.
And please share these with others you care about because they really do make a difference in people's lives.
The people who don't even know there doing these things will get a real eye opener. And they may even create a plan to change.
Sign up below for free updates and receive a 21-page electronic journal.
Click here to check out this 250-page electronic journal that is totally secretive!